Ice Cream Sandwich
3 large eggs
1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp. baking powder 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
3⁄4 cup water, boiling
3 1 1⁄2-qt. containers vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Whisk together the egg mixture ingredients in a bowl.
3. Whisk together the dry mixture ingredients in a separate large bowl.
4. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Whisk in the boiling water and beat until well combined. 6. Pour half of the batter into the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan.
7. Pour the other half of the batter into the Grill Pan.
8. Combine the Roaster Pan and the Grill Pan to form the
Double Cooker. Cook in the oven at 350° F until
a cake tester comes out clean (about 25–30 mins.).
9. Let the cake halves cool for 15 mins. before flipping them onto cooling racks. Then, cool completely.
10. PlacethecakethatwasbakedintheRoasterPanback into the Roaster Pan.
the cake to mimic those found on an ice cream sandwich.
12. Beattheicecreaminastandmixeruntilcreamy but still stiff.
13. Pour the ice cream onto the cake in the Roaster Pan.
14. Top the ice cream with the remaining cake and place in the freezer overnight.
15. When ready to serve, remove the cake from the Roaster Pan and trim the edges.