Korean BBQ Sandwiches
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup BBQ sauce
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. ginger, peeled and minced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 scallions, chopped
1 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
1⁄2 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 small onion, peeled and sliced thin
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp. basil, chopped
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 (1-11⁄2 lb.) flank steak
4 ciabatta rolls
4 tbsp. margarine
1. In a large bowl mix the soy, sugar, BBQ sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallions. Reserve 3⁄4 cup of the marinade. Marinate the meat in the remaining sauce for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Slice the rolls in half and coat inside and outside with the margarine. Place the Copper Chef on medium heat.Toast on all sides using the Panini Press lid.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrots, peppers and onion to make the slaw.
4. Place the Copper Chef on high heat.When the pan
is hot, add the oil and sauté the slaw about 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade to the slaw. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes and set aside.
5. In a cleaned Copper Chef sear the meat on each side on high heat. Lower the heat and cook until desired doneness.
6. Slice the meat thin and place on the bottom of the roll with some of the slaw.Top with the other half of the roll.
7.Slice and serve.