1 lb. linguini
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. bacon, diced
1⁄2 onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- Cook the linguini in the Copper Chef, reserving 1⁄2 cup of the pasta water when draining. Set pasta aside.
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and the bacon. Cook until almost cooked through, then add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent, careful not to burn the garlic.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg yolks, parsley, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and black pepper.
- On medium heat, toss the cooked linguini into the onions and bacon until the pasta is warmed. Add the reserved pasta water and toss until incorporated.
- Turn off the heat.
- Immediately pour the egg mixture into the pan. Toss until well incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
Eric’s Tip: My favorite way to make this is with a pound of chopped speck (a type of dried pork) instead of classic bacon. My supermarket carries it all of the time. To try a variation on this classic recipe, give speck a try.