Loaded Cauliflower Crowns
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6-8
Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 3 large eggs 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 teaspoon salt 12 ounces grated fresh cauliflower, uncooked 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion 1 tablespoon chopped chives 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray two 24-cup mini muffin tins (or bake in two batches) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, process eggs, Cheddar, Parmesan, and salt until almost smooth.
3. Fold in drained cauliflower rice, bacon bits, yellow onion, chives, and pepper to make a batter.
4. Spoon the batter evenly between the greased muffin cups, then press down to even out the tops and form the batter to the shape of the cups. It is easiest to press down by using a piece of aluminum foil or plastic wrap spray with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Bake 16-20 minutes, just until very browned around the edges. Let cool 5 minutes before using a butter knife to pop the crowns out of the pan.