Loaded Chocolate Bark
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 8
Ingredients 1 pound white or dark chocolate (melting chocolate wafers are easiest to work with) White Chocolate Zest of 1 orange 2 tablespoons sugar 1/3 cup chopped pistachios 1/3 cup dried cranberries 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds Dark Chocolate 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes 1/4 cup chopped almonds 1/4 cup roasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) 1/4 cup dried cherries
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. If using orange zest: toss orange zest and sugar and lay out on paper towels for at least 1 hour before preparing.
2. Place a tempered-glass or metal bowl over a pot of simmering water to create a double-boiler.
3. Place the chocolate in the hot bowl and use a rubber spatula to keep moving as the chocolate melts. Remove the bowl from the double-boiler right before the last of the chocolate has melted.
4. Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread until less than 1/4-inch thick.
5. Top the chocolate with your choice of toppings while still warm. For the best results, use a clean spatula to lightly press the toppings down into the bark.
6. Let cool at least 6 hours before breaking into pieces to serve.