Mac & Cheese Panini
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 cups macaroni elbows, cooked
1/2 cup margarine
8 slices bread
16 slices American cheese, yellow
1. In a saucepan, bring the cream, sea salt, pepper & butter to a boil.
2. In a bowl, mix together cornstarch and shredded cheddar.
3. Add the cheddar mixture to the boiling cream. Whisk until creamy. 4. Combine macaroni with cheese sauce. Turn off heat and stir.
5. Butter each slice of bread with margarine on one side.
6. Assemble paninis on the Grill Pan: 1 slice bread, 2 slices cheese, about 3/4 cup mac and cheese, 2 more slices cheese, and 1 slice bread.
7. Grill on medium heat to desired doneness. Serve with your favorite soup or side dish.
Eric’s Tip: I love to mix in 1 cup of crispy crumbled bacon into the mac and cheese, then add a few tomato slices on the sandwich.