Maryland Crab Cakes
1 lb. lump crabmeat
3 scallions, chopped
1⁄2 red pepper, seeded & diced small
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
dill weed, for garnish
Pineapple Chipotle Salsa (optional)
1 cup fresh pineapple, diced small
1 1⁄2 tsp. chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
1 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp. red bell pepper, diced
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Combine scallions, red pepper, mayonnaise, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, panko breadcrumbs, and black pepper in a bowl. Mix.
2. Gently fold in crabmeat. Form into 8 crab cakes.
3. Preheat AirFryer for 2 minutes at 350° F.
4. Place 4 of the crab cakes carefully into the Fry Basket. Cook for 12 minutes at 350° F. Flip crab cakes halfway through cooking.
5. Remove cooked crab cakes. Repeat with remaining crab cakes, but do not preheat.
6. Optional pineapple chipotle salsa: combine all salsa ingredients. Set aside until ready to serve.
7. Serve crab cakes with optional pineapple chipotle salsa & lemon wedges. Garnish with a sprig of dill immediately before serving.