Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
MAKES 4 DOZEN
1 large egg
1⁄2 cup whole milk
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄4 cup water, boiling
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp. whole milk
1. Combine the egg, 1⁄2 cup milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with the egg mixture and stir.
3. Slowly add the boiling water to the mixture and whisk the mixture well.
4. Pour or spoon the batter into mini aluminum cupcake liners until about two-thirds of each cupcake liner is filled.
5. Place the cupcake liners on two Air Flow Racks. Place the Racks on the bottom and middle shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
6. Press the Power Button (15-min. cooking time) and decrease the cooking temperature to 350° F. Rotate the Racks halfway through the cooking time (7 1⁄2 mins.).
7. Let the cupcakes cool for 30 mins.
8. Combine the peanut butter and the butter in a bowl.
Add the confectioners’ sugar and 1 tbsp. milk slowly until the frosting is creamy.
9. Top the cupcakes with the frosting and the chocolate pearls.
Eric’s Tip: You can also make cake truffles by mashing the baked, cooled cupcakes with the frosting. Scoop the mashed cupcakes, then let them chill in the refrigerator. Once they set, give them a good dip in melted chocolate.