Eric’s Tip: I prefer to use fresh breadcrumbs. Simply put bread or rolls into a blender or a food processor and blend them to a fine consistency.
- 2 lb. ground pork / veal / beef mix
- ¼ cup celery, minced
- ¼ cup carrot, minced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, chop
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. steak sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- Suggested Garnish:
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. Combine onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, eggs, and half of the ketchup.
3. Add ground meat, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Form ground beef mixture into a loaf. Place onto the steamer tray in the Copper Chef.
5. Spread remaining ketchup on top of loaf. Suggested garnish: sprinkle parsley & lay orange pepper strips vertically across the top.
6. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 150º F.