1⁄4 cup heavy cream
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
5 qts. vegetable oil
8 slices Swiss cheese
4 slices white bread
1⁄4 lb sliced turkey
1⁄4 lb sliced ham
1 tsp. powdered sugar (optional)
1. Whisk together the egg batter ingredients in a bowl. Reserve the egg batter in the bowl.
2. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat the vegetable oil over high heat until the temperature reaches 350° F/175° C.
3. Lay 1 Swiss cheese slice on each piece of bread.
4. Top each bottom bread slice with the turkey and ham.
5. Cover each bottom bread slice with a top bread slice, cheese side down.
6. Dip the sandwiches in the egg batter and then deep fry them in the Roaster Pan.
7. Dust with powdered sugar.
Eric’s Tip: Don’t forget the classic accoutrement of tangy red currant jelly.