Mozzarella Crostini & Grilled Tomatoes
Olive Oil Marinade
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 crusty baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
1 cup grape tomatoes
12 slices fresh mozzarella
2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Marinade: in a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, sea salt, and pepper.
- Brush the bread on both sides with some of the olive oil marinade. Grill on both sides to desired doneness.
- Toss the tomatoes with the remaining marinade. grill to desired doneness.
- Assemble crostini, arrange the mozzarella on top of each slice of bread. Top with tomatoes.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and any left over olive oil marinade over crostini. garnish with basil immediately before serving.
Eric’s Tip: If you can’t find nice ripe tomatoes, grill some zucchini and top with chopped sun-dried tomato.