Mozzarella & Pepperoncini Stuffed Burger
2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup pepperoni, diced
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
4 slices fresh mozzarella
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 brioche rolls
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup pepperoncini, for serving
1. Combine ground beef, pepperoni, sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and BBQ sauce.
2. Divide burger mixture into 4 balls. Stuff each with a slice of mozzarella.
3. Rub the burgers with olive oil. Grill on medium heat to desired doneness.
4. Butter brioche rolls with margarine. Grill to desired doneness.
5. Arrange stuffed burgers on brioche rolls. Serve with pepperoncini.
Eric’s Tip: I love using a meatloaf mix of pork/beef/veal instead of the straight ground beef. It’s available now at most markets.