Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef 1 large egg 1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs 2 tablespoons minced onion 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped into 16 cubes 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
1. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
2. Using your hands, mix all ingredients except mozzarella cheese and pasta sauce until fully combined.
3. Form the meat mixture into golf ball-sized balls and then press a cube of mozzarella cheese into the center of each before re-rolling until fully-sealed around the cheese. Set on the prepared sheet pan.
4. Place oven rack in the top third of the oven and set broiler to high. Broil meatballs for 5-6 minutes, just until they begin to brown.
5. Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce in a covered pot over medium heat, just until simmering.
6. Lower heat to low and stir meatballs into the sauce. Cover and let simmer 5 minutes or until slicing into a meatball reveals no pink. Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta or on their own as a party appetizer.