1 cup mixed cured olives
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. minced onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. ground black pepper
8 slices provolone cheese
2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, cut lengthwise
2 oz salami, sliced
3 oz ham, sliced
3 oz capicola, sliced
3 oz mortadella, sliced
1⁄4 cup margarine, divided
1. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Grill Pan on the stove top. Preheat the Grill Pan over medium heat.
2. Combine the olive salad ingredients in a food processor and then pulse to combine.
3. Place 2 provolone cheese slices on the cut side of each roll half.
4. Evenly divide the salami, ham, capicola, and mortadella between the bottom halves of the rolls.
5. Top with 1⁄2 cup olive salad and then cover with the roll’s top half, cheese side down.
6. Butter and then grill each side of the sandwiches over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
Eric’s Tip: The muffaletta is one of the few sandwiches that’s better the next day. The olive salad essentially marinates the sandwich and develops an amazing flavor profile.