Mustard-Marinated Swordfish with Spinach
2 shallots, peeled & minced
1 tbsp. mustard seeds
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 sprigs tarragon
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black peppercorns, crushed
8 (6-oz.) swordfish steaks
10 cups spinach, steamed
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half, for garnish
1. Mustard marinade: boil the shallot, mustard seeds, vinegar, and tarragon in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Add the olive oil, honey, salt, and peppercorns. Mix well.
3. Pour half of the marinade over the swordfish steaks. Reserve remaining marinade for serving.
4. Allow fish to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
5. Heat the Grill Pan on high heat. Grill swordfish steaks on each side until done, about 3-4 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness.
6. Plate swordfish over spinach with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes before serving.
Eric’s Tip: You can use any quality IQF (individually quick frozen) fish in this recipe such as mahi mahi, tuna, or salmon. Thaw and adjust grilling time according to directions.