Old-Fashioned Coconut Rice Pudding
3 13.5-oz cans coconut milk
3 cups medium-grain white rice
3⁄4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
5 tsp. ginger
3 cups heavy cream
2 eggs, beaten
1⁄2 tsp. salt
3 cups raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F/190° C.
2. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Bring the coconut milk to a boil over high heat.
3. Rinse and drain the rice. Add to the boiling coconut milk. Cook for 5 mins.
4. Cover the Roaster Pan with the Glass Lid, lower the heat to low, and simmer for 20 mins.
5. Remove the Lid and stir in the sugar, vanilla extract, ginger, cream, eggs, salt, and raisins.
6. Transfer the Roaster Pan to the oven and bake at 375° F/190° C for 30–40 mins.
7. Serve in bowls.
Eric’s Tip: Portion into individual ceramic or glass dishes, chill well, sprinkle the top with sugar, and brûlée with a culinary torch.