1 (6 oz.) can fried onions
1 plantain, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
1 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1⁄4 cup milk
optional: scallion, for garnish
1. Chop fried onions in a food processor. Place in a shallow dish.
2. In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
3. Toss the plantain slices in the flour to coat. Shake off any excess.
4. Dip into the egg.
5. Place plantain slices into the fried onion crumbs. Coat both sides. Press lightly to secure.
6. Preheat the AirFryer to 370o F for 2 minutes.
7. Place the plantain slices inside the Fry Basket. Cook for 6 minutes. Flip halfway through for even cooking.
8. Serve plantains warm. Optional: garnish with scallion.