Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf
4 lb. meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork and veal)
1 packet of dry Italian dressing
2 cups breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1⁄2 cup ketchup
1⁄2 cup milk
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 lb. mozzarella, fresh, sliced
1 cup pepperoni, sliced
3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1. In a large bowl mix the meat, eggs, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, sugar, ketchup and milk.
2. Preheat oven to 350o F.
3. Place the Copper Chef on high heat, and, when the pan is hot, add the olive oil and sauté the peppers until tender.Turn off the heat.
4. Divide the meat into two portions for two loaves. Place a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Put one portion of the meat onto the plastic wrap and press it to about 2 inches thick. Place 1⁄4 of the sliced pepperoni, half the peppers and 1⁄2 of the fresh mozzarella into the middle of the meat. Fold over (roll) the meat around the filling and seal to form a loaf. Repeat for the second half of the meat mix to make a second loaf.
5. Place the meatloaves into the Copper Chef.
6. Divide the tomato sauce between the two meatloaves and top each with sauce, shredded mozzarella and the remaining pepperoni.
7. Place into the oven and cook about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the thermometer reads 150o F when placed into the center of the loaf.
8. Let rest for 15 minutes and serve.