MAKES ABOUT 3 DOZEN
10 oz almond paste
1⁄2 cup sugar
4 large egg whites, divided
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 cups pine nuts
1. Beat the almond paste and sugar in a bowl until combined.
2. Beat two egg whites into the almond mixture.
3. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar to the almond mixture and mix thoroughly to make dough.
4. Whisk the remaining two egg whites in a separate bowl until the egg whites are foamy.
5. Dip your fingers into the flour to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers. Shape the dough into 1-in. balls, dip the balls into the egg whites, and coat each ball in the pine nuts.
6. Place the balls on two parchment paper-lined Air Flow Racks and flatten each ball slightly.
7. Place the Racks on the bottom and middle shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
8. Press the Power Button, decrease the cooking temperature to 325° F, and increase the cooking time to 18 mins. Rotate the Racks halfway through the cooking time (9 mins.).
Eric’s Tip: If pine nuts are not available or too expensive, you can substitute slivered blanched almonds.