Pizza alla Vodka with Peppers & Pepperoni
16 oz crushed tomatoes
1⁄4 cup vodka
1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1⁄2 tsp. ground oregano
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1 lb pizza dough, cut in half (see recipe on page 42)
2 tbsp. olive oil
2/3 cup red and green peppers, diced
1 cup shredded mozzarella
16 slices pepperoni
4 basil leaves, chopped
1. Combine the crushed tomatoes, vodka, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground oregano in a pan and simmer for 30 mins. Finish the vodka sauce by adding
the heavy cream.
2. Roll the pizza dough halves until they reach the size of the Air Flow Racks.
3. Lightly oil both sides of each dough with the olive oil.
4. Place each pizza on a Rack. Place the Racks on the lower and top shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
5. Press the Power Button and then the French Fries Button (400° F) and decrease the cooking time to 13 mins.
6. After 5 mins., flip the dough on the top shelf and rotate the Racks.
7. After 4 mins., flip the dough on the top shelf.
8. Remove both Racks and top each pizza with 2/3 cup vodka sauce and the toppings.
9. Place the Racks on the lower and top shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
10. Press the Power Button and then the French Fries Button (400° F)
and decrease the cooking time to 7 mins. After 4 mins., rotate
11. After the pizzas are done cooking, let them sit for 4 mins. before cutting them.
Eric’s Tip: For even cooking, distribute the ingredients toward the edge of the pizzas. As the pizzas cook, everything moves towards the center.