Pork Chops with Dried Plums & Shallots
1 cup dried plums
1 cup red wine
1 tbsp. butter
2 shallots, peeled & sliced
3 sprigs thyme
1/2 cup port wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup cream
6 center cut pork chops
1 tbsp. sea salt
1/2 tbsp. ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine dried plums with red wine. Soak for 30 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, sauté shallots in butter for 2 minutes or until tender.
3. Add plums, thyme, port wine, chicken broth, and rice wine vinegar to shallots. Cook until reduced by half.
4. Add the cream. Reduce again until slightly thickened. Set aside.
5. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness.
6. Drizzle pork chops with sauce and plums before serving.
Eric’s Tip: With the availability of dried fruits, the variations are almost endless. If you don’t like dried plums, use dried figs. If you don’t like figs, use dried apricots.