Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 8
Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 2/3 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (may use graham cracker crumbs) 3 tablespoons melted butter 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar 1 pound cream cheese, softened 2/3 cup sugar 2 large eggs 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin 2 teaspoons cornstarch 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract Chopped pecans, to top Caramel sauce, to top
1. Spray a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter, and brown sugar to create a crumbly crust. Press the crust into the bottom of prepared pan and chill for 30 minutes before continuing.
2. In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, pumpkin, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract and continue beating until all is combined into a filling.
3. Pour the filling over the chilled crust and tap on the counter to smooth out the top of the cake. Wrap the entire springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent leaks.
4. Place a rack into a Power Pressure XL electric pressure cooker and pour in 1 1/2 cups water. Place the wrapped springform pan atop the rack, secure the cooker’s lid, and seal pressure release vent.
5. Set to HIGH pressure for 1 hour.
6. Let the pressure release naturally before removing cheesecake. Let cool on counter for 1 hour and then chill at least 4 hours before topping with pecans and caramel sauce, if desired.