Santorini Lamb Sliders
1 SLIDER 228 cal., 12g fat (5g sat. fat), 43mg chol., 531mg sod., 16g carb. (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g pro. PREP 30 min. + chilling GRILL 10 min. SERVES 10
Ingredients 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 1⁄2 cup shredded peeled cucumber 11⁄4 tsp. salt, divided 1 lb. ground lamb 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided 2 tsp. dried oregano 1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. pepper, divided 1 tsp. lemon juice 1 tsp. dill weed 10 mini buns or mini ciabatta buns 10 Bibb lettuce leaves or Boston lettuce leaves 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Line a strainer or colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place the yogurt
in prepared strainer and cover yogurt with sides of cheesecloth. Refrigerate 2-4 hours. Meanwhile, place shredded cucumber in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1⁄4 tsp. salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes.
- For burgers, in a large bowl, combine lamb, lemon zest, 2 garlic cloves, oregano, 3⁄4 tsp. salt and 1⁄4 tsp. pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into ten 1⁄2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For sauce, remove yogurt from cheesecloth to a bowl; discard strained liquid. Squeeze cucumber and blot dry with paper towels. Add cucumber, lemon juice, dill, remaining 2 garlic cloves, remaining 1⁄4 tsp. salt and remaining 1/8 tsp. pepper to the yogurt, stirring until combined. Refrigerate until serving.
- Slide the Grill Plate into Shelf Position 6. Turn the Function Dial to Grill, set temperature to 450° and set timer to 25 minutes. Let grill preheat for 10 minutes.
- When the grill has preheated, place the burgers on the Grill Plate and cook until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes on each side. Grill buns, cut sides down, until toasted, 30-60 seconds. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, red onion, feta and the sauce.