Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 pound ground turkey sausage 1 large sweet potato, chopped 2 cups chopped kale 1/2 yellow onion, diced 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced 1 tablespoon smoked paprika 1 teaspoon brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and crumble it until it browns and is cooked throughout. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Raise the heat to high and add the sweet potato and remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Let cook until the potatoes begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium and cook until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the browned turkey sausage and all remaining ingredients to the skillet and continue to cook until kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Serve as is or topped with fried eggs.