Sausage & Pepper Roll
1⁄4 green bell pepper, sliced
1⁄2 white onion, peeled & sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 sweet sausages
1⁄2 lb pizza dough
(see recipe on page 42)
1 tbsp. tomato paste
3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Place the green pepper and onion slices on the Drip Tray with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Place the sausage on an Air Flow Rack. Press the Power Button (15-min. cooking time) and decrease the cooking temperature to 350° F.
3. After the pepper, onion, and sausage are done cooking, remove them from the Power AirFryer Oven and set them aside to cool.
4. Drain the excess oil from the peppers and onions.
5. Slice the sausage.
6. Roll the pizza dough into a thin oval.
7. Using a spoon, spread the tomato paste on the dough. Then, sprinkle the mozzarella from the center to the edge of the dough.
8. Lay the onions, peppers, and sausage along the center of the dough, longways.
9. Bring each side of the dough toward the center to seal the roll.
10. Oil the roll with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cut five 1-in. slits on top of the roll.
11. Place the roll, seam side down, on a Rack. Place the Rack on the lower shelf of the Power AirFryer Oven.
12. Press the Power Button (15-min. cooking time) and decrease
the cooking temperature to 350° F. Flip the stromboli halfway through the cooking time (7 1⁄2 mins.).
13. After the roll is done cooking, let it cool for 5 mins.
Eric’s Tip: To save some time, you can use jarred roasted red peppers instead of the green pepper for a sweeter flavor.