Savory Roasted Chicken
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. thyme
1 tbsp. basil
1 tsp. marjoram
1 tbsp. dried rosemary
2 4-lb chickens
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 lemon, halved & juiced
6 rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Combine the seasonings in a bowl and mix.
3. Remove the giblets from the cavities of the chickens.
4. Rub the chickens with the butter and lemon juice and then sprinkle the seasonings on the chicken.
5. Take the juiced lemon halves and place one in each chicken’s cavity along with the rosemary sprigs.
6. Place the chickens in the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan. Place the Roaster Pan in the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165° F/74° C (1 1/2–2 hrs.).
Eric’s Tip: This classic chicken needs to be served with roasted fingerling potatoes tossed in garlic, butter, and parsley.