3 tbsp. butter
1 onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 shallot, peeled and minced
3 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
8 okra, sliced
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1 tsp. paprika
6 cups shrimp stock or chicken stock
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
1 sprig oregano, chopped
1 tsp. sea salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. Add the butter and sweat the onions, garlic, and shallots.
- Stir in the flour and tomato paste. Mix well.
- Add the celery, carrots, okra, tomatoes, red peppers, and paprika. Stir. Cook for a few minutes covered on low.
- Turn the heat to medium. Whisk in the shrimp stock until creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the shrimp. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.