Sloppy Joe Mac & Cheese
2 qts. heavy cream
9 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. olive oil
6 lb ground beef
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 cup ketchup
1 cup tomato purée
1⁄4 cup mustard
1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat the cream over medium heat.
3. Toss 8 cups cheddar cheese with the cornstarch in a bowl and then add to the Roaster Pan. Cook until the cheese melts. Remove and reserve the cheese sauce.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in the Roaster Pan and then brown the ground beef.
5. Add the red bell pepper, green pepper, and onion and cook for 5 mins.
6. Add the ketchup, tomato purée, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper and lower the heat level to simmer for 10 mins.
7. Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and then combine with the ground beef. Sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese over the top.
8. Transfer the Roaster Pan to the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C for 35–40 mins.
Eric’s Tip: I also love to use this mix as a quesadilla filling served with a spicy pico de gallo.