Southwestern Spring Rolls & Spicy Dipping Sauce
SERVES 3-4 (Makes 8 rolls)
2 avocados, coarsely mashed
1⁄2 cup tomato, diced small
1⁄2 red onion, diced small
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper, to taste
8 egg roll wrappers
Spicy Dipping Sauce
1⁄2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
1 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped salt, to taste
1. Mix avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 1/8 of the avocado mixture in the center of each wrapper.
3. Brush the top edge of the wrapper with water.
4. Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper over the filling. Fold in the sides. Roll to meet the moistened edge and seal shut.
5. Place spring rolls in the Fry Basket. Spray lightly with oil.
6. Cook at 400o F for 13 minutes. Flip spring rolls halfway through cooking.
7. Make spicy dipping sauce: mix together sour cream, sriracha sauce, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Add additional sriracha as desired. Season with salt, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. When the cooking cycle is complete, serve spring rolls immediately with spicy dipping sauce.