Spanish Poot Roast
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 2 1⁄2-lb chuck roasts
4 tbsp. canola oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1 14-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 1⁄2 cups fire-roasted corn
1 12-oz jar gravy
12 sweet baby peppers
1 1⁄2 cups red wine
1 sprig rosemary
1 bay leaf
3 chipotle peppers, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Combine the Spanish rub ingredients in a bowl and mix.
3. Rub the chuck roasts with the spices.
4. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat 2 tbsp. canola oil over medium-high heat and then brown the chuck roasts on all sides. Remove and reserve the chuck roasts.
5. Add the garlic, onion, and shallot and cook for 3–5 mins.
6. Add the chuck roasts, tomatoes, corn, gravy, baby peppers, red wine, rosemary, bay leaf, chipotle peppers, and 2 tbsp. canola oil and bring to a boil.
7. Cover the Roaster Pan with the Glass Lid, transfer to the oven, and cook at 350° F/175° C until fork tender (about 2 1⁄2 hrs.).
Eric’s Tip: I love to put this pot roast on a soft buttery brioche bun with manchego cheese and pickled red onions!