Spiced Apricot Lamb
5 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄2 bunch of mint
3 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. brown mustard
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
10 dried apricots
juice of 1 lemon
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 lb boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F/205° C.
2. Combine all the pesto ingredients food processor and make a paste.
3. Rub the inside of the lamb with the pesto.
4. Roll the lamb and tie it.
5. Place the lamb in the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan.
6. Place the Roaster Pan in the oven and roast at 400° F/205° C for 30 mins.
7. Lower the oven temperature to 350° F/175° C and roast until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 135° F/55° C (about 1 hr.).
8. Let rest for 20 mins. before slicing.
Eric’s Tip: This dish makes an excellent upscale gyro. Slice the lamb thinly and top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and tzatziki sauce.