Spicy Cowboy Steak
11⁄2 lb. beef rib steak, bone-in
1 tsp. sea salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground coffee
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper, ground
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. butter
1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450o F.
- Season the steak with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the Copper Chef on high heat. Once heated, add the olive oil. Sear the steak for about 2 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground coffee, cayenne, and brown sugar well. Using a basting brush, rub steak with mixture.
- Place the garlic, butter, and rosemary on the steak. Place the Copper Chef into the oven.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until it reaches 130o F (for medium-rare).
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Eric’s Tip: Using a double-cut pork chop is a good, cost-effective alternative. Just cook to 165o F.