Steak Lo Mein
You don’t need to order takeout to have this classic Chinese food favorite on your table in mere minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound sirloin steak, chopped
1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
3 cups chopped stir fry vegetables
3 tablespoons soy sauce
12 ounces linguine or lo mein noodles, cooked and drained
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add the steak and season with five spice powder and crushed red pepper. Sauté 3 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes before stirring in hoisin sauce and bringing up to a simmer.
- Stir in vegetables and soy sauce and let cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and turn off heat before adding butter, sesame oil, and scallions.