Steamed Mussels in Chorizo Saffron Broth
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large shallot, sliced thinly
1 large leek, sliced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
4 chorizo links, sliced
6 cups chicken broth 1 cup dry sherry
1⁄4 tsp. saffron
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
4 oz mussels
1⁄2 cup parsley leaves
1. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallot, leek, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 2 mins.
2. Add the chorizo and cook for 5 min.
3. Add the chicken broth, sherry, saffron, and paprika and cook for 5 mins.
4. Add the mussels, cover with the Grill Pan, and cook until the mussels open (about 3 mins.).
5. Garnish with the parsley.
Eric’s Tip: Saffron can sometimes be hard to find or a little on the pricy side. If I don’t have it in my spice cabinet, I’ll add 1 tsp. ground turmeric. You’ll get a beautiful golden color in the sauce with a similar flavor profile.