Strawberry Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast
5 qts. canola oil
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
4 tbsp. mascarpone
4 tbsp. cream cheese
8 slices white bread
8 tbsp. strawberry jam powdered sugar, for serving
1. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 325° F/160° C.
2. Whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour in a large bowl to make the egg mixture. Reserve the egg mixture in the bowl.
3. Combine the mascarpone and cream cheese in a separate small bowl and mix to make the cheese mixture.
4. Spread the cheese mixture on 4 bread slices.
5. Spread the strawberry jam on the remaining 4 bread slices and then sandwich them on top of the cheese-covered slices, jelly side down.
6. Cut each sandwich into four triangular pieces.
7. Dip the triangles in the egg mixture and then deep fry until golden brown (2–3 mins.).
8. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Eric’s Tip: If mascarpone cheese is not available, you can mix regular cream cheese with a little sour cream.