Stuffed Zucchini Caps
2 sweet sausages
2 medium zucchinis, discarded ends & cut into five circles
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1⁄4 cup onion, minced
1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
1⁄4 cup carrot, diced small
1⁄4 tsp. ground fennel seed
1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 oregano sprig, chopped
1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Remove the sausages from their casings.
2. Place the sausages on an Air Flow Rack. Place the Rack on the middle shelf of the Power AirFryer Oven.
3. Press the Power Button (370° F for 15 mins.).
4. Remove the sausages and chop them into small pieces.
5. Scoop out the inside of the zucchinis, leaving a layer in the bottom of each.
6. Chop the pulp of the zucchinis.
7. Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion, red pepper, carrot, fennel seed, zucchini pulp, and sausage pieces until tender.
8. Add the sea salt, ground black pepper, oregano, and breadcrumbs and cook for 2 mins. over medium heat.
9. Add the mozzarella to the cooked mixture and mix thoroughly.
10. Spoon the cooked mixture into each zucchini cap.
11. Place the stuffed zucchinis on two Racks. Place the Racks on the lower and middle shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
12. Press the Power Button and then the Baking Button (350° F) and decrease the cooking time to 15 mins.
Eric’s Tip: I’ll give these a spicy Middle Eastern switch by using chorizo sausage and adding 1 tbsp. curry powder to the mix.