2 lb. ground beef
1 cup breadcrumbs, plain
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sea salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄2 onion, peeled and minced
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. allspice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1⁄4 cup butter
1 tsp. shallots, peeled and minced
1⁄4 cup flour, all purpose
5 cups beef stock
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt, black pepper, onion, 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, and allspice. Mix well. Roll into small meatballs.
- Preheat the Copper Chef pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Sear the meatballs in batches.
- When all of the meatballs are seared, drain the oil from the pan.
- Make the sauce: place the Copper Chef on medium heat. Add butter. Sauté the shallots for 3 minutes or until translucent. Stir or whisk in flour. Cook for 5 minutes on low.
- Slowly add the beef stock, whisking to incorporate. Once the sauce is boiling, bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs.
- Simmer. After 30 minutes, add the rest of the heavy cream.
- Stir and serve.
Eric’s Tip: Swedish meatballs aren’t just for egg noodles. Try turning them into a delicious slider or sub with sautéed cabbage spiked with caraway seed.