Sweet or Savory Dutch Baby
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15-18 minutes Serves: 2
Ingredients 4 large eggs 3/4 cup whole milk 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon cornstarch 1/2 teaspoon sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Place an oven-proof 10-inch skillet in the oven as you preheat it to 450 degrees F.
2. Make a batter by adding eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a blender or food processing and blending until frothy.
3. Add flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt and blend just until smooth.
4. Once oven has preheated, use oven mitts to remove the skillet and add the remaining tablespoon of butter, swirling to coat.
5. Quickly pour the batter into the pan and place in oven.
6. Bake 15-18 minutes, just until the puffed pancake begins to turn dark brown along the top edge.
7. Serve immediately, filled with your choice of toppings.
Sweet Topping Ideas: powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh berries, bananas, peaches, sautéed apples, honey, jams and jellies, pie filling, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, nut butters or chocolate hazelnut spread, yogurt, or cream cheese.
Savory Topping Ideas: cheese, herbed butter or cream cheese spread, sliced meats (ham, turkey, prosciutto, salami, etc), crumbled bacon, a whole fried egg, tomatoes, artichokes, olives, roasted peppers, arugula, spinach, toasted pine nuts, hummus, pesto, balsamic glaze.