Sweet Potato Fries
2-4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
1 cup cornstarch
1 pack Italian dressing seasoning
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 qt. canola oil, for frying
- Soak the cut fries in water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Dredge the fries in the cornstarch (you may need more depending on the size of your potatoes).
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat and fill with canola oil halfway. Heat to 365o F.
- Carefully place the fry basket into the pan. Caution: the oil will be HOT. In batches, add the fries. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes to blanch, then pull them up to drain. For best results, never overfill the fry basket.
- Drop them again into the hot oil and cook until lightly golden.
- Shake off excess oil.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, black pepper, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Toss the fries to season.
Eric’s Tip: Think outside of the box for some interesting dips like spicy sriracha ketchup, salsa ranch dip, or honey maple mustard.