Sweet Potato Gratin
3 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp. minced garlic
4 tbsp. minced shallots
8 sprigs thyme, chopped
1 tsp. grated nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
4 lb sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced into 1/8-in. pieces
1 cup Gruyère cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F/190° C.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove top. Heat the heavy cream, garlic, shallots, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and ground black pepper in the saucepan over medium-high heat to make the cream mixture. Bring to a boil.
3. Line the bottom of the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan with one third of the potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with one third of the Gruyère and cheddar cheese.
4. Repeat the layering process twice and then pour the cream mixture over the potatoes.
5. Transfer the Roaster Pan to the oven and bake at 375° F/190° C for 40 mins.
Eric’s Tip: Most people think of potato gratin as a side dish at dinner. I love to serve these at brunch with poached eggs on top.