Sweet & Spicy Smoked Chicken Thighs
2 lb. chicken thighs
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
1/3 cup molasses
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
1/2 onion, peeled & minced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Grill chicken thighs on medium heat on both sides.
3. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
4. Coat chicken thighs with sauce and return to the Grill Pan.
5. Bake until chicken reaches 165° F internal temperature. Remove from the oven and dip back into the sauce. Return to the oven for an additional five minutes.
6. Serve chicken thighs with your favorite vegetable.
Eric’s Tip: If you want to give these thighs an autumnal feel, replace molasses with 5 cups fresh apple cider cooked down to 1/3 cup and replace the molasses