Tandoori Chicken Skewers
1 cup yogurt
1 1/2 tsp. garam masala
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. yellow onion, grated 1 tsp. garlic, grated
1 tsp. ginger, grated
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 lb. chicken breast, trimmed & cubed
scallions, for garnish
1. Tandoori marinade: in a bowl, combine yogurt, garam masala, cayenne, onion, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice.
2. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Set the Grill Pan on medium heat. Skewer the chicken.
4. Grill chicken on all sides until cooked to 165° F internal temperature.
5. Garnish with scallions. Serve with a salad or traditional side dishes.
Eric’s Tip: For the best chicken salad, chill in the refrigerator after grilling. Hand shred the chicken, then mix with chopped onion, celery, dried cranberries and a touch of mayonnaise.