2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp. tangerine zest
3⁄4 cup yogurt
1⁄2 cup tangerine juice
2 tbsp. triple sec liqueur
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
zest of 2 tangerines
1⁄4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. tangerine juice
2 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Combine the butter, sugar, and tangerine zest in a large bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Mix the eggs, yogurt, tangerine juice, triple sec, and vanilla extract in a separate small bowl to combine. Gradually add to the large bowl to incorporate. Make sure to scrape the bowl after each addition.
4. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan. Place in the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (about 60 mins.).
6. Beat the shortening, powdered sugar, tangerine zest, and salt in a third bowl until fluffy.
7. Gradually add the tangerine juice and milk until combined to complete the icing.
8. When the cake has cooled completely, top with the icing.
Eric’s Tip: I love the increasing selection of citrus at the supermarket. When I see blood oranges in season,
I make this recipe. They have a nice sweet and tart flavor with an intense red color.