Thai Spring Rolls
8 rice paper spring roll wrappers 4 oz.
(dry) thin rice noodles
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup carrot, shredded
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
3 scallions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
Soy Dipping Sauce
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. chili paste
1 tbsp. scallions, minced
1. Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
2. In a skillet, heat oil and carrots over high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until carrots begin to soften (about 3 minutes).
3. Add shiitake mushrooms. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Add scallions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat. Combine vegetable mixture with cooked rice noodles. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, and cilantro. Set aside to cool.
6. Soak spring roll wrappers, one sheet at a time, in lukewarm water until pliable.
7. Lay out wrappers on a flat, slightly damp counter.
8. Place about 1⁄4 cup rice noodle mixture along the center of each wrapper. Fold edges over the filling and roll from the bottom edge up. Set on top of a damp towel to prevent sticking. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
9. Preheat the AirFryer to 400o F for 2 minutes.
10. Place 3 spring rolls, seam side down, into the Fry Basket. Cook at 400 for 10 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking cycle. Repeat until all spring rolls are cooked.
11. Make soy dipping sauce: mix soy sauce, chili paste, and minced scallions.
12. Serve hot spring rolls with soy dipping sauce.