The SLOPPER Chili Burger
3-4 lbs pork shoulder (bone in or boneless)
1 tbsp chili powder
Salt and pepper
1 (28 oz can) crushed tomatoes
16 oz green chili’s, canned/diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups finely diced onions
1 tbsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco or similar)
2 tbsp orange marmalade or any jam.
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 jalapeño, diced
24 oz beef stock
4 burger Patties
4 burger buns
4 slices of cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Rub the pork with chili powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add pork to a large pot and add all ingredients. Cover.
4. Cook for 3-4 hours until pork falls apart with a fork. Flip the meat half way through.
5. Remove pork to cutting board to cool for 30 min.
6. With two forks, shred the meat. Add meat back into the sauce. Set aside and keep warm.
7. Prepare cheeseburgers. Grill to your desired temperature. Place on bun and place in a bowl.
8. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar over burger.
9. Ladle pork chili sauce over the burger, filling up the bowl halfway.
10. Top with fresh diced onions and fresh cilantro. Serve.