4 (6 oz.) tilapia fillets
salt and pepper
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 fresh lemon, half for juice, half cut into slices
1/3 cup white wine
1⁄2 cup fish broth
1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. capers
2 tbsp. butter
- Beat eggs, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl until light and frothy.
- Lightly dust tilapia with flour and shake off excess.
- Place the Copper Chef on high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil.
- Dip tilapia fillets in egg wash. Place fillets in the Copper Chef.
- Cook tilapia fillets for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and plate.
- Degrease pan. Add lemon slices, white wine, and lemon juice to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the pan.
- Add fish broth, capers, and parsley. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove Copper Chef from heat. Stir in butter.
- Pour sauce over tilapia before serving.
Eric’s Tip: If fresh tilapia is not available, most supermarkets carry IQF (individually quick frozen) tilapia in the freezer section. It’s extremely convenient and the quality is great. Just thaw according to directions.