Tomato & Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breast
1 cup basil
3 tbsp. cup parsley
2 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into rounds
1 cup baby spinach
1. Chop all pesto ingredients in a food processor.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
3. Slice the chicken lengthwise to make a pocket for the stuffing.
4. Rub the inside of each breast with pesto. Layer with tomato, mozzarella cheese, and spinach.
5. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush with olive oil.
6. Place the Grill Pan on high heat.
7. Grill the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side. Bake in the oven until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
8. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Eric’s Tip: Serve this chicken in between some fresh baked focaccia for the best Italian grinder