Vanilla Bean Meringues
MAKES ABOUT 3 DOZEN
1 1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄2 tsp. salt
4 extra-large egg whites
1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract seeds from 1 vanilla bean
1. Combine the sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg whites on medium speed in a separate bowl until they are very frothy and soft peaks begin to form.
3. Gradually add the sugar mixture to the egg whites and whip until medium peaks form.
4. Add the vanilla extract and seeds to the egg whites, increase the whisk speed to high, and whip until stiff peaks form.
5. Transfer the egg whites to a piping bag with a star or rosette tip and pipe little mounds on three parchment paper-lined Air Flow Racks. Place the Racks on the bottom, middle, and top shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
6. Press the Power Button and then the Dehydrator Button
and increase the cooking temperature to 170° F and the cooking time to 3 1⁄2 hrs.
Eric’s Tip: Adding 2 tbsp. dark cocoa powder turns these meringues into decadent treats. Don’t forget to drizzle the top with chocolate!