Veal & Pepper Stew
4 lb veal, cubed
1⁄2 cup flour
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups red wine
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh sage
2 14 1⁄2-oz cans diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1 onion, sliced
2 red bell peppers, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1. Coat the veal with the flour.
2. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the veal in batches until brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the wine and scrape the residue at the bottom of the Roaster Pan. Add the garlic, bring to a boil, and reduce by half.
4. Add the salt, ground black pepper, sage, tomatoes, and chicken broth and then cook for 3 mins.
5. Return the veal to the pan; add the onion, red bell peppers, and green bell peppers; cover with the Grill Pan; and simmer for 1 1⁄2 hrs.
Eric’s Tip: If veal is not available, you can use cubed pork shoulder with similar results. I’ve also used skinless chicken thighs in this recipe as well.