1 cup water
3 egg whites, large
11⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
6 mushrooms, white
1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
10 asparagus stalks
6 carrots, baby
2 qt. canola oil, for frying
1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
1⁄4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. orange marmalade
2 tbsp. ginger, peeled
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
toasted sesame seeds, garnish for sauce
- In a large bowl, make the batter by mixing water, egg whites, and flour together.
- Place the Copper Chef on medium heat and fill with canola oil halfway. Heat oil to 365o F.
- Carefully place the fry basket into the Copper Chef pan. Caution: the oil will be HOT!
- Dip the vegetables into the batter one at a time. Shake off excess batter before dropping each carefully into the oil.
- Repeat until all are cooked.
- Shake off excess oil.
- To make the dipping sauce, place all ingredients in the blender except onions and garlic. Blend, then add onions and garlic. Pulse a few times until the onion and garlic are chopped. Serve with toasted sesame seeds
Eric’s Tip: Using ginger ale instead of water will lighten the batter and give a nice, sweet flavor.